Our faith is rooted in Holy Scripture which we believe to be the inspired Word of God. Our Sunday services include a reading from the Old Testament, the Psalms, the New Testament, and the Gospels and we uphold the importance of the witness of the whole of Scripture. We are shaped by the Book of Common Prayer, which is largely Scripture, and many of the prayers are from the ancient Church. We recite the Nicene Creed in our Sunday morning services which serves as a theological and spiritual plumb line. We believe we are saved by grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and we believe that faith without works is dead- that we should be living out our faith in practical ways in our day to day life out of gratitude for what the Lord has done for us. As we say in our Post Communion Prayer,
“And now, Father, send us out to do the work you have given us to do, to love and serve you as faithful witnesses of Christ our Lord.”
We believe in a loving, merciful, gracious God who has called us to love one another with His grace-filled, compassionate, and unconditional love. In other words, God is the judge and we are not. In our baptismal vows, in addition to turning away from sin, accepting Jesus as our Savior, and committing to follow Him as Lord of our lives, we promise to:
- Continue in the Apostles’ teaching and fellowship, in the breaking of the bread, and in the Prayers. (Christian study, fellowship, worship and Communion, and prayer.)
- Persevere in resisting evil, and, whenever we fall into sin, repent and return to the Lord.
- Proclaim by word and example the Good News of God in Christ.
- Seek and serve Christ in all persons, loving our neighbor as ourselves.
- Strive for justice and peace among all people, and respect the dignity of every human being.
In so many ways we are a very diverse bunch who are united by our love for the Lord and our desire to serve in His Name. Wherever you are in your faith journey you are welcome to join us in the journey as we support one another as the body of Christ. In Christ ALL are welcome.