Children’s Sunday School Director Search
Christ Church, a vibrant Episcopal Church in downtown Macon with a congregation of about 700 members, is looking for a part time Sunday School Director. We seek a person who loves the Lord and has a well formed mature Christian faith. It is our hope to continue to develop in the children a love of Jesus Christ and knowledge of the Bible, and a desire to come back each week. The position will involve leading and overseeing the children’s Sunday School program for preschool through fifth grade and working in conjunction with the Director of Youth and Children’s ministry to provide a Wednesday evening program for children. Our church is currently using (and appreciates) the Godly Play program for our children through the 5th grade. The Sunday School Director is responsible for:
- Recruiting volunteers from the parish to teach and assist in the classrooms.
- Develop and implement a training program for the teachers.
- Support and oversee the teachers and program.
- Plan the program, prepare classrooms, and order any needed curriculum and supplies.
- In conjunction with the Director of Children’s Ministry plan and conduct special seasonal programs and Vacation Bible School.
- Co-lead and develop Wednesday night children’s ministry program.
- Reports to the Director of Children’s Ministry and the rector
- Ensuring that teachers have had the diocesan Safe Guarding God’s Children training.
Strong, mature, Christian faith
Experience working as an educator with young children
Experience leading fun children’s activities
Some knowledge of Christian children’s curriculum and teaching Sunday School in any denomination
Experience with Godly Play curriculum a plus
$18/hour for approximately 12 hours a week. This is approximately $11,232/year but the pay is hourly.