Employment Opportunities at Christ Church
Christ Church is a vibrant, multigenerational church in downtown Macon, Georgia, growing by God’s grace as a family of faith, fellowship, and ministry. We celebrate our history and are approaching our parish’s 200th anniversary in 2025 which is also the 25th anniversary of our Fisk organ. The oldest church in Macon and the mother church of the diocese of Atlanta, we have about 700 members with a staff of 2 priests, a full time youth minister, a full time director of music, a part time children’s minister, and support staff. We provide opportunities for all ages for spiritual growth and fellowship, joyful worship, an excellent music program, healing ministry, and extensive opportunities for outreach ministry including our own program for meeting the needs of the food insecure, Weekend Lunch. We also help people discern and develop their own gifts for ministry and to carry them out in the life of the church and the surrounding community. We love to celebrate life together- often enjoying our beautiful weather outdoors Our church draws from about a 40-minute radius in any direction.
Macon is a thriving city in the heart of Georgia known for its live music scene, revitalized and growing downtown, and proximity to Atlanta, the mountains, and the coast. Macon is home to three institutions of higher learning that help to support a very affordable cosmopolitan community that enjoys the arts and entertainment. We work in conjunction with the larger body of Christ and other communities of faith to serve the middle Georgia area more effectively. As a result, Macon has a wonderfully supportive network of ministries and people that work together to best meet the needs of the larger community. See our website christchurchmacon.com for more information about our church and choosemacon.com for more information about our community.
The associate shares in many of the responsibilities of the rector under the rector’s supervision. These include:
- Assisting regularly with preaching, teaching, pastoral care, and administering the sacraments, including participation in Sunday Services at 8:00 and 10:30, the Wednesday noon Eucharist and healing service, and other services.
- Identify and develop creative community building opportunities.
- Providing support for Christian education for adults in conjunction with the Adult Education Team, and the rector.
- Provide support for men’s ministry and Bible Study
- Work to develop and implement creative ways to better reach those living in the downtown area lofts
- Work as a team with the clergy and staff.
- Mature faith, heart for the Lord, and desire to serve
- MDIV from an Episcopal Seminary or Anglican studies program
- Ordination to the priesthood or in that process
- Relationship builder, warm and friendly
- Strong preacher, teacher, communicator
- Competent in the use of current technology in ministry
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated
- Discipleship and evangelism
- Good people skills including children
- Salary, Housing, and SECA $66,000 – $70,000 commensurate with experience
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Paid Holidays, 4 weeks paid vacation, and sick days
- Continuing Education allowance
- Auto/travel allowance
- Phone allowance
- Professional expense account
Submit a cover letter, OTM profile, and resume to Cynthia@christchurchmacon.com