Associate Rector Search
Christ Church is a vibrant, multigenerational church in the thriving downtown area of Macon, Georgia. We draw from a broad area in our congregation of about 700 members. With two priests, a full-time youth minister, several full-time and part-time support staff, and many talented and active lay people, we provide opportunities for all ages for spiritual growth and fellowship, joyful worship, excellent music program, healing ministry, and extensive opportunities for outreach ministry including our own program for meeting the needs of the food insecure, Weekend Lunch. We also help people discern and develop their own gifts for ministry to carry them out in the life of the church and the surrounding community.
Macon is a thriving city in the heart of Georgia known for its live music scene, revitalized and growing downtown, and its proximity to Atlanta, the mountains, and the coast. Macon is home to three institutions of higher learning that help to support a very affordable cosmopolitan community that enjoys the arts and entertainment. We celebrate our history. Christ Church is the oldest church in Macon and the mother church of the diocese of Atlanta and we love to celebrate together. As a result, Macon has a wonderfully supportive network of ministries and people that work together to best meet the needs of the larger community.
The associate shares in many of the responsibilities of the rector under the rector’s supervision. These include:
- Assisting regularly with preaching, teaching and administering the sacraments including participation in Sunday Services at 8:00, 9:00, and 11:00 a.m. and the Wednesday Noon Eucharist and healing service.
- Providing support for Christian education for children and adults in conjunction with the Sunday School Director, the Adult education team, and the rector.
- Additional ministries for children and young families.
- Provide support for men’s ministry and Bible Study.
- Work as a team with the clergy and staff.
- Work to develop and implement creative ways to better reach those living in the downtown area lofts.
- Assist with pastoral care and visits as needed.
- MDIV from an Episcopal Seminary or Anglican studies program.
- Ordination to the priesthood or in process.
- Competent in the use of current technology in ministry.
- Salary, Housing, and SECA $66,000 – $70,000 commensurate with experience. (includes the option of reducing the salary and SECA to $42,000 – $46,000 with the use of the 3 bedroom 2 bath rectory in the North Macon County Club area)
- Health and Dental Insurance.
- Paid Holidays, 4 weeks paid vacation, and sick days.
- Continuing Education allowance.
- Auto/travel allowance.
- Phone allowance.
- Professional expense account.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter, OTM profile, and resume to Link for Associate Rector Applications.