Director of Youth and Children’s Ministry
The Director of Youth and Children’s Ministry works to combine discipleship, program, and fellowship while building a lasting connection with our children, youth, and their families. The Director will leverage strategic leadership experience and vision to formulate sustainable ministries to raise up our young people in their life with Christ. The primary goal is to guide youth and children spiritually as they grow in their faith at Christ Church, connecting them to the wider church experience and members. Cultivating a safe, fun, engaging space of relationship and formation is a key objective. Christ Church is committed to finding the right person for this role whether lay, ordained, or on the path to ordination.
Leadership and Relationship:
● Craft compelling and relevant vision and programming for youth and children’s ministry, in conjunction with the leadership at Christ Church.
● Work alongside the clergy, staff, and lay leadership to implement the vision and mission of the parish.
● Collaborate with current and new volunteers in serving our youth and children.
● Provide pastoral care to children, youth, and families in connection with clergy.
● Establish opportunities for youth and children to be better incorporated into the life of the parish and to engage in their faith in meaningful ways.
● Strategically plan curriculum studies, church events, and fellowship activities.
● Coordinate a volunteer schedule for youth and children’s programming.
● Oversee the Acolyte program in conjunction with parent volunteers.
● Manage the delivery of all weekly programs and activities.
● Lead any annual mission trips and retreats for youth.
● Guide the youth Confirmation class through the spiritual formation process.
● Collaborate with staff to create a year-long calendar for youth and children’s ministry.
● Establish and implement a consistent, clear, and regular communications plan with children, youth, and families.
● Maintain database records with accurate information for children, youth, and families.
● Partner with church staff to include children and youth ministry updates in parish-wide communications.
● Manage compliance with “Safe Church, Safe Communities” requirements as required by the Diocese of Atlanta.
The Director of Youth and Children’s Ministry reports to the Rector.
● A Bachelor’s degree
● Minimum three years of youth and/or children’s related experience
● A deep personal faith supported by intentional spiritual practices
● Background of serving and/or working in the Episcopal Church
● Strong communication skills across a variety of platforms
For more information, please visit this link.