John and Julie Jones were longtime, faithful members of Christ Church. Mr. Jones had long desired that the church have a Sunday School building for its children, and after his death in 1880, Mrs. Jones donated funds for the erection of such a facility in her husband’s memory. Today, Jones Chapel is under renovation as a worship space. It continues to serve as a centerpiece of the parish’s youth and outreach programs.
The Parish House was erected in 1926 to serve a growing parish membership. The building contains Sunday School rooms, nurseries, the Parlor, the Cloister Meeting Room, and the Great Hall. The Great Hall has been renovated and features new multi-media systems for presentations and performances of every kind.
Constructed in 1850 as a residential structure, Harrold House was acquired by the church decades ago to protect the church from commercial encroachment. For several years, the building served as a boarding house and later as a law office. In 2002, the church carefully renovated the house, which now contains the church staff offices, conference and study rooms, and the library.
The Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation has recognized both the renovation of the 1851 church building and the Harrold House with awards for outstanding rehabilitation.