1825        Founding of church in Macon

Rector Lot Jones 1825-27

1826        First confirmation – Courthouse

1827-1830    Disorganization and reorganization; Baber led campaign to find new rector and build at new location; original land grant sold; new land identified at Walnut and Third Streets

1833    Rector Seneca Bragg called; construction began on church building

1834    First sanctuary consecrated; Roman cross design

1841    First Bishop of Georgia elected, Stephen Elliott (1841-1866)

1850    Subscriptions solicited for new bldg; October, old bldg dismantled

1852    Current structure consecrated, given an organ

1853    Four colored communicants

1854    Church debt-free. Rector Henry Kolloch Rees called.

1860    St. Barnabas Chapel mission established at Hazel and 6th streets

1868    St. Paul’s mission estb.; Oxford Movement and Ritualism dispute – too Papist

1869     Rees leaves for St. Paul’s; replaced by Rector Benjamin Johnson; estb. Of Sewing Society (later Ladies’ Aid Society)

1870    St. Barnabas reverts to Christ Church after Rees departure

1872    New St. Barnabas Chapel erected on 3rd Street, between Hazel and Oglethorpe

1879    Rectory purchased across Walnut Street from church

1880    Sunday School building erected (paid for by Julie Jones in memory of her husband) now known as Jones Chapel; A.A. Roff gave donation to erase and repairs  made to church interior

1886    St. John’s Chapel erected in East Macon, directly under care of St. Barnabas clergy; death of Julia Jones; her legacies and endowments follow

1887    Chancel Society (later Altar Guild?) established; old Jones home became rectory and former rectory rented for income

1890    Construction initiated on Julia Parkman Jones Benevolent Home of Christ Church Parish

1900    Parish celebrates 75th anniversary